Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Week Ten Class

I really like Dr Bibbe's presentation, but I think it would have been much more effective if he had given it when we were first introduced to using a wiki. For lack of a better word, it felt very random to have a presentation on something we focused on almost 2 months ago.
Timing aside, however, I enjoyed what he had to say about using a wiki in class. It was obvious that he had a very solid technological background, but he kept everything at a level that the students could easily understand.

Moving on to hot potatoes. I'm not a visually creative person, at least in a very literal sense. I can't take a goal and turn that goal into a visually creative outcome. I have a difficult enough time knowing where my shoes go inside my closet, so using a suite of software designed specifically for visual manifestation of concepts is still a little hard for me to swallow. This is, however, not a shortcoming of the software itself, but rather a personal shortcoming that I will need to work on.

No comments: