Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Podcasting and whatnot

I think what I like the most about this class is that I get the chance to learn how other people learn about what I love. Every week, I'm fascinated by watching how people learn about technology, and I learn so much about how people think about and view technology. Even in their struggles (or perhaps because of them) I learn how to make technology simpler to use. It's always easier to find the mistakes that others make and learn from them, which I looked for when we used Apple's website and Trackstar.

I like podcasts. In fact, I love them. Every week, I download Garrison Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion" podcast and listen to it, at least in the event that I don't get the chance to hear it on the radio. But it was very interesting watching other students who aren't as familiar with podcasts, or even with what they are. Many thought they were individual songs, and others thought that you needed an Ipod brand MP3 player to use them. As class progressed, we learned that neither belief was correct. I think the concept of Podcasting has greatly benefitted the technology world, making audio programs much easier to find and use.

2 comments:

Karina Anirak said...

He-heh, Chris, by "people", you partially meant me and Inna, right?;))) Yeah, it is fascinating indeed to watch us struggle with technology;)) Like two monkeys who were given a box and they have no clue what to do with it! ;))
But! Thank you so very much for all your help and assistance, you are our (Inna's and mine) official technology guru! ;-P Ommmmm..

Inna said...

Karina is right! You are such a big help for us!!! I really appreciate it. I hope that at the end of this class we won't look "like two monkeys who were given a box and they have no clue what to do with it";)))